The best stuffing for your holiday table is here! An easy to follow recipe that’s full of flavour and perfectly seasoned, this cranberry sausage stuffing will not disappoint.
- 1/2 loaf of texas cut whole wheat bread.
- 1/2 loaf texas cut white bread
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pack West Side Beef Hot Italian Pork or Beef Barese Sausage, casings removed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped.
- 1 large honey crisp apple, peeled and diced
- 5- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary fresh
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups West Side Beef Chicken Stock
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, as the oven is heating, tear bread slices into 1-inch chunks and add to an extra-large mixing bowl.
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook the sausages on medium heat, breaking up meat until crumbles form and cooked through. Add to the bread pieces.
- In the same pan, add butter, onions, celery, peppers, apple, and garlic. Saute over medium heat for 5 – 6 mins or until onions begin to soften. Add sage, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Saute for another 6 -7 minutes until the rest of veggies are softened and onions begin to brown. Add wine and deglaze the pan and allow it to reduce down for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock & cranberries, stir to combine, and remove from heat. Pour over sausage and bread mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly before combining using your hands. Use half the stuffing in your roast of choice (turkey, pork, chicken, etc) and add the other half of the stuffing into a medium-sized baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. OR Add all the stuffing mixture to a large baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.