The perfect, lazy, cozy, and satisfying lunch/ dinner is our Pork Sausage Roll. This is definitely a no-fuss meal that is certainly not shy on flavour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh sage, leaves picked
- 1.5 lbs West Side Beef ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Ready-made puff pastry
- 1 West Side Beef free-range egg, beaten
- A splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic and onions. Cook on low for about 20 minutes until soft and golden brown. Add the sage leaves, cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Add ground pork to a mixing bowl with the cooled sage garlic, and onion mix and the breadcrumbs and nutmeg. Add half of the egg. Combine well using your hands.
- On a floured work surface, roll the pastry out into a big rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. and cut it lengthways into two rectangles. Roll the mixture into oblong shapes with your hands and lay along the centre of each rectangle.
- Mix the rest of the egg and milk and brush the pastry with the mixture, then fold one side of the pastry over, wrapping the filling inside. Press down with your fingers to seal.
- Cut the long rolls into the sizes you want and space them out on a baking tray. Brush with the rest of the egg wash and bake for 25 minutes or golden and cooked through.
- Serve with cranberry sauce or gravy.