Perfect for weekend camping trips or for when guests come over.
This is a great preparation for the trout fillets that come in your Family Pack. I used this recipe to introduce my kids to eating fish!
- 1 2/3 C Salt
- 6 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Allspice
- 1 Tbsp Star Anise
- 1 Tbsp Corainder Seed
Assembling the Cure
- Toast all the spices then crush them with the back of a heavy pan.
- Put the spices into a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Mix together until evenly distributed.
- Store in an airtight container.
Curing the Trout
- Find a container with a wide bottom that will hold your fish.
- Put down a layer of cure coating the bottom of the container.
- Lay down 1 layer of fish.
- Put down another layer of cure ensuring to fully cover the fish
- Keep refrigerated for 5 – 7 days.
- Rinse the cure off and keep the fish in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Refrigerate the creme fraiche and keep it