Enjoy the flavours of Vietnam with these quick, easy, and delicious Lemongrass Pork Cold Rolls.
Ingredients for marinade
- 2 West Side Beef boneless butterfly loin chops
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, bruised & sliced into large pieces (to pick out later)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Ingredients for filling
- Rice Paper wraps
- Shredded carrots
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Bean sprouts
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and the marinade ingredients. Set aside for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Remove the pork from the marinade, picking out the large lemongrass chunks before cooking. Place pork in the pan and cook each side until dark golden brown and pork is just cooked through – about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and let rest before slicing into thin pieces.
- Soak rice paper wraps per package instructions and layer in your veggie ingredients, and pork. Get creative here and fill to your desire. Fold two ends (top & bottom) in, fold one of the remaining sides, tucking tightly, and roll until sealed.
- Serve with hoisin, chili sauce, or peanut sauce.