This dish freezes down very well! Perfect to pack away for that busy weeknight meal next month!
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- Any additional leftover veggies
- 1 TBSP sage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups leftover gravy
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12- 14 oz West Side Beef turkey (leftover & pre-cooked)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled out to 12 x 12 inches
- 1 West Side Beef Free Range egg, beaten
- In a cast-iron skillet or dutch oven, add oil and all veggies, garlic, and herbs. Cook until the veggies soften.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. add leftover turkey to the same skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Add gravy and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Top with puff pastry, trimming any excess and creating 3 slits in the crust to vent. Add egg wash to the crust and place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the crust is golden and gravy is bubbling. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.