A popular Korean comfort food. Serve with rice, noodles, or enjoy on its own. Serves 4.
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp peeled ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup gochujang
- 1 TBSP hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
Ingredients for the stew
- 1.5 – 2 lbs West Side Beef Pork Belly, cut into ¼ inch thick bite-size pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium-size Korean sweet potato, diced
- 1 large parsnip, diced – 4 green onions, sliced
- 1.5 cups flat Korean rice cakes
- 3½ cup West Side Beef Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the garlic, ginger, hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Thoroughly combine and set aside.
- Add onions, potato, parsnip, and pork to a medium-sized pot. Mix in the seasoning paste by hand and let it sit for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Add the stock, fish sauce, and salt. Stir well with a spoon and cover. Simmer for 60 – 90 minutes over medium-high heat, until the pork is fully cooked and tender.
- Add rice cakes & green onions and continue to simmer for another 30 – 40 mins.
Serve with rice, noodles, or on its own. Enjoy hot!