A super easy, full-flavoured Butter Chicken recipe for your instant pot!
- 2 lbs West Side Beef boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- In your instant pot, heat the coconut oil on the saute function. Once hot, add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and tomato paste. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken, and top with a can of tomatoes. Stir to combine. Scatter the butter pieces over the top. Cover and cook on “Meat/Stew” for 39 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, remove it onto a cutting board and let cool slightly, cut it into bite-size pieces. Return to the instant pot and stir in the coconut milk. Enjoy warm over jasmine rice, quinoa, and/or with naan. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!