Another great dish that freezes well. Making it the perfect make-ahead dish. We recommend cooking your pasta fresh to prevent it from getting too soft.
- 1 West Side Beef Whole Flattened Chicken, quartered
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped & halved
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped oregano
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped basil
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley chopped
- 1 leftover parmigiana cheese rind
- 4 portions of pasta of choice
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a large pan or dutch oven, add chicken, season with salt & pepper, brown on both sides (4 – 5 minutes per side).
- Add vegetables & spices/herbs to the pan. Add garlic. saute for another 3 mins. Add canned tomatoes.
- Stir to combine and add bay leaves and cheese rinds. Allow to simmer for 2 hours (stirring occasionally) or, until sauce reduces by 1.5 inches.
- Meanwhile, boil enough salted water for your pasta. Add a splash of oil to prevent sticking. Cook pasta according to respective pasta instructions. Drain & coat with a drizzle of oil.
- When Chicken is falling off of the bone, the sauce is ready. Serve with pasta and a garnish of parsley or basil.