These little green guys are guaranteed to become your new fave veg! Sauteed in our antibiotic-free Bacon & white wine, you’ll have no problem reaching your 5 a day with these gems.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 20 brussel sprouts, stems sliced off and removed
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 5 strips of West Side Beef Bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-ounce sheep’s milk manchego cheese or fresh parmigiana
- In a medium-sized pan, cook down bacon pieces. Meanwhile, bring a medium-size pot filled 1/4 way with water to a boil.
- Using a steamer basket, add brussel sprouts to the basket. Cover and steam for 5 mins.
- Add brussel sprouts to bacon pan, and cook for 2 mins. Add white wine and orange juice, salt & pepper to the pan.
- Cook until liquid reduces down and brussel sprouts soften but maintain their bright green colour.
- Grate manchego over the brussel sprouts and serve in a shallow bowl. Enjoy!