Braised Short Ribs are the perfect cozy dinner! Seared all around and then cooked low and slow for hours, there’s nothing like it! Our ribs are all antibiotic-free and hormone-free. It’s a difference you can taste and feel.
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cucumber sliced into matchsticks
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup red wine of choice
- 3 cups Beef Stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 pack West Side Beef Short Ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Add canola oil to a large pan, salt and pepper the ribs on all sides. Sear each side of the Short Rib racks for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine garlic, 1/4 of the green onions (white part only and set aside greens for garnish, chopped), bay leaf, sesame oil, and stock in a dutch oven.
- Add ribs to the dutch oven, and pour wine over top of ribs. Slow cook in the oven with the lid on for 3 hours basting occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine rice wine vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce. Add shaved carrots and keep covered at room temperature until ribs are ready.
- After 3 hours, remove the lid from the dutch oven and roast at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Steam the remaining green onions for 1 minute.
- Serve ribs hot with matchstick cucumbers, pickled carrots, and green onions. Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions, and extra sesame oil if desired.