Each Pork Share is 1/8 of a whole hog: you’ll get fresh pork belly, a bone-in shoulder roast, some pork chops, fresh steaks, ground pork, breakfast sausage, spicy sausage as well as pork stock, rendered pork lard and a brine kit. Our berkshire hogs are always on pasture and are always hormone and antibiotic free.
Each Share will range from 18 Lbs – 20 Lbs, and while we do not sell the Share’s by weight we do work dutifully to ensure that each Share represents great value.
One Share of Pork will take up approximately 1.5 cubic feet of in your freezer. The tallest item is 10 inches tall and the widest item is typically 16 inches wide.
Each Share of Pork has the same value and weight and we do not allow for customization. Read more here.
Below is a list of the contents in each Share of Pork.. Want to know what ingredients are used in these products? Check out our product FAQ.
- 2 x packages of 4 Pork Bomba Sausages.
- 2 x packages of 4 Pork Breakfast Sausages.
- 2 x 500 mL containers of Pork Stock
- 1 x 500 mL container of Pork Fat
- 1 x 400 g packages of Ground Pork
- 1 x Bone In Pork Shoulder, Rind On
- 2 x Pork Loin Chops, bone in
- 2 x Pork Loin Steaks, boneless
- 1 x Pork Belly, raw, rind on
- 1 x 1 L package of Brine Mix. What’s In This?
- 1 x 250 mL package of prepared Presskopf, ready to eat.
- * The weight described above represents the final weight of the Share, including all its contents and packaging
What is The Packing House and How Did It Start?
I am a firm believer that chefs and butchers are technicians of nature’s bounty. If there was ever an ideology to adapt from the Italian kitchen, it is that of respect for ingredients. Understanding the ingredient in order to unlock its full potential is my true goal with meat and cured meats. A good salami can be made with conventional pork. An excellent salami can only be made with excellent pork. So what is excellent pork?
Cherry Braised Pork Belly with Cilantro Pistachio Chermoula
This pork belly smells and tastes sensational, and is so simple to make.Learn More
Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Avgolemono Sauce
One of my favourite ways to enjoy pork shoulder is a Greek dish my mom made for us often called Herino me Selino.Learn More
Slow Cooker Pork Stew
The delicious flavours of this stew come from the classic Basque dish Piperade.Learn More
Easy Sausage Pasta Dinner
This is a great way to turn sausages and pasta into a perfect and delicious one-bowl meal.Learn More